In the event a boater cancels their confirmed reservation at your marina via Dockwa, you will be sent a notification prompting you to process this cancellation/refund request. All outstanding cancellation requests are available on your Marina Dashboard listed under "New Cancellations".
Please be advised that you have 72 hours to process this request or Dockwa reserves the right to refund this customer in full.
Step by Step Instructions:
- Click on the Cancelled reservation under "New Cancellations" on your Dashboard
- Click the red "Process Cancellation" button in the top right corner of the cancel reservation prompt.
- This will provide you with a refund prompt, where the full refund will be presented
- If anything less than a full refund is to be given, click "Add Fee" and enter the amount you wish to withhold from the refund. Next, write in the "Description" section, the reason a full refund was not provided. You cannot process the fee without typing in a reason to the boater. Once the fee is added, the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly.
- Review the cancellation was successful. Make sure the status of the reservation reads "Cancelled" in the top right and that a refund is scheduled to process.
- If you'd like the boater to get the refund immediately you can click the "Settle" payment button to the right of the refund line item, otherwise, the system will automatically schedule the refund to process back to the boater within two hours.
- If you're unsure if the refund has processed, please refer to this helpdesk article: Has My Refund Processed Successfully?
See Video Instructions of Steps 3 and 4 on the article linked below:
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. Again, you have 48 hours to process this request or Dockwa reserves the right to refund this customer in full at the 72nd hour.